Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Pink Sticky

I am so excited about what I have to tell you that I don't even know where to start.  I want to sing, I want to dance, I want to jump up and down, I want to stop smiling but I just cannot.  My cheeks are starting to hurt from the extreme level of happiness being experienced.  And best of all, when I realize I have stopped smiling, I want to sing, I want to dance, I want to jump up and down all over again.  The Planner is beyond words. He too can be seen smiling like a fool and mumbling happy phrases. This news I have to tell you is so fantastic. It is the most fantastic of fantastic.  This fantastic news has relieved stress that has been mounting since September.  No matter the level of euphoria, we are aware enough to know the solution is not permanently fixed but for the next few months, half year, or even a year, there is one less thing to stress, to worry, to harp on, and to lose sleep over.


"Let the sunshine in, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in....."

Sorry, it couldn't be helped. My happiness is unconstrained. It is to the point of being giddy.  And nobody wants to see a full grown giddy woman.  There needs to be a better way to express this level of happiness.

This morning was off to a great start.  It was Saturday and the sun was shining.  Then a text message was received....


To you the average person living in the average home in the average city, this sticky means little to nothing to you.  It might even be considered gibberish.  Trust me when I say until a few months ago, this sticky would have meant absolutely nothing to me either.  Even today, with all this happiness floating about, do I wish this sticky meant nothing to me.  But it doesn’t.  What this pink sticky means is happiness….

Ok, alright, I’m getting there.  I want you to understand the importance of what I am about to tell you.  And I am about to tell you.  Right now, even. What this non-intrusive, ordinary pink sticky means is WATER!!!! FREE WATER!!!  Not salty water, not mineral laden, not well water.  Free, no strings attached, completely drinkable, water.

Sometimes, patience and resourcefulness pays off. Oh, and a little bit of talking about your problems with others, even when you think that they aren’t listening or don’t care.  Because this FREE WATER is the result of the textbook definition of group work.  If group work in college resulted in answers this fantastic, more teachers would insist on group work.  But as anybody who has ever had to complete a project through group work, you know there is one person who does more work than the others and there is the one person who does the least or nothing a tall resulting in a middle of the road results. On a normal day, I would even agree this group of listeners would fall into the normal results of group work.  But not today.  Today they are the best of the best. Today they are exemplary group workers.  Well, that is my opinion anyways.

The Planner believes today is the result of seed planting.  To those with the ability to help an idea is planted in their minds by the initial discussion of the problem.  Fertilize with continual problem discussion. Nurture with potential solutions discussion leading back to the initial idea.  Maturity is reached when your original idea is presented back to you as their idea. They take the credit for creating the solution all the while your problems are solved without any input on your part.  You were just discussing. Never once did you come right out and say what you wanted.  It's a win-win for everyone.

It doesn't matter which analogy works best for you, what matters is the result.  Water.  What equates to about 25 gallons of water a day to be precise.  Hot damn!



So this is what happened.  This source for our water collection has a commercial grade RODI water filtration system and Plan473 has been offered to collect all of its waste water.  While in most cases, drinking RODI waste water is NOT advisable, this source is filtering city water at 340TDS resulting in 474TDS wastewater.  Being the EPA states any water under 500TDS as safe to drink, the RODI "waste water" is not waste water at all.  This source for our water collection is wasting completely safe to drink water and we are getting to benefit from it.



25gallons a day may not seem like a lot of water to you or any other average homeowner, but as discussed in too many posts, this is more than adequate for Plan473.  At some point in the next to near future, this water collection along with the water collection from all structures will allow the design, build, and maintenance of aquaponics.  Don't know what aquaponics is?  Then you really should watch ROB BOB, the crazy bearded Australian who has a great YouTube channel on aquaponics, chickens, and backyard gardening.  Plan473 has been watching his channel for years.  This water means there will be enough water to supplement citrus trees at the perimeter of the spray field from the aerobic septic system.  This water means chickens!!!!

Yesterday, Plan473 was collecting water from various friends on a monthly basis.  Today, Plan473 is collecting water in one location at 25 gallons a day.  Now the work begins on how to best obtain the water so that the collection process does not intrude, impede, or require observation from this source.  Looks like the IBC totes are really gonna come in handy now.


"Here's a little song I wrote, you might want to sing it note for note, don't worry, be happy..."